Port City Pirates Youth Wrestling
Port City Pirates offers wrestling for elementary and middle school aged athletes.
The goal of the Port City Pirates is to introduce the sport of wrestling to athletes at a young age through practice, training, and competitions. Coaches will provide a fun and exciting atmosphere through top level coaching. Training will focus on providing basic techniques and fundamentals by a variety of coaches with more than a combined 30 years of experience.
The Pirates wrestling season is from November to March.
Please enroll in person at Port City Sports Performance in the month of October from 4 PM to 7 PM or download the Registration Form and submit to Dan Willis at email@example.com.
Contact Coach Willis directly with questions. Add the Pirates Wrestling page on Facebook!
Through both mental and physical preparation, we will support young athletes in reaching their goals. Athletes may participate on the travel team if they wish to further their knowledge of the sport.
6500 E-1 Windmill Way
Wilmington, NC 28405
- Please make sure that you have filled out a registration form if you have not already done so.
- Practice schedule…we will start at 5:15 pm sharp, so please try to have your child here as close to 5:00 as possible so we can start on time. We will end practice at 6:30 for Elementary, and 6:45 for Middle School…please exit the mats as soon as practice ends so that the BJJ classes can begin on time.
- Be sure to check out our Pirates Wrestling Facebook page.
- All wrestlers will receive a short sleeve Pirates team shirt which is included in the registration fee. Make sure to list their shirt size on their registration form.
- We have an on-line store set up for you to order Pirates gear. You can find the link on our web site and Facebook page, and I will also email the link to you.
- We mop the mats daily…please strongly encourage your child to shower as soon as they get home from practice to help with sanitation. Also make sure the kids do not put their wrestling shoes on until they get inside the practice facility.
- Please keep the kids out of the weight room for safety reasons.
- We are always on the lookout for Pirates Sponsors. We have several sponsorship packages available. Please let me know asap if you are interested.
- We have divided practices (Elementary/Middle School) in order to meet the needs of each wrestler’s abilities. Experienced Elementary wrestlers will be moved up to the Middle School practices. Tues/Thurs group is primarily made up of 1st & 2nd year wrestlers. The Tues/Thurs practices will be a blend of learning and fun. It is the first exposure to wrestling for most of these kids, and if it’s not fun then they won’t stick with it.
- Please encourage your kid to follow the rules, work hard, and not horse play. If you see them being a disruption, etc…please step in and help the coaches out by correcting their behavior.
- Please keep an eye on younger siblings, etc. We don’t want them to disrupt the learning, nor do we want them running on the mat and getting accidentally hurt by an older kid.